I am thrilled to announce that Luxury Backpack has been nominated for the Sunshine Award by adventure travel blog The Iridescent Wings! Check out Justine’s beautiful So-Cal inspired travel blog here.
My Sunshine Award Questions
1. Describe your blog in 3 words using nouns (a person, a place and a thing)
Mama-to-be, Florida Keys (my current home), Travel
2. Who is your favourite blogger?
I read a lot of travel blogs on a daily basis, but my favourite at the moment has to be Brenna Coleman who writes personal travel blog This Battered Suitcase.
3. If you had another blog, what would you write about?
Hotel interior design. My sister runs an interior design company, and it is something I have always been interested in. I would love to write about hotel interiors around the world.
4. Do you collect anything during your travels?
I used to collect postcards. I have a lot of beautiful vintage-style ones from Europe which I currently have in a notebook but would love to do something interesting with them.
5. Where did you go on your first trip and how old were you?
My first huge solo trip was to Costa Rica at the age of eighteen for a year. This was when the travel bug bit and never let go.
6. What’s your favorite destination and why?
I love the Mediterranean way of life. I spent many years living in Mallorca and would probably say it is my favorite place to live. For travel, I loved Colombia very much. Cartagena was fabulous.
7. What’s your travel style?
I love combining comfort and functionality with style. You would never catch me in a hoodie, but I always like to be comfy. My essentials are skinny black jeans, Lulu Lemon yoga pants, and floaty dresses. I like to pack light and leave room for shopping, as it is always nice to buy clothing from the country you are in as it is something you can wear when you get home to remind you of your travels.
8. If you can describe your blog in 3 words what would they be?
Modern, Feminine, Luxe-for-less (That’s technically five words!)
9. Currently, what’s your most popular article and why do you think it’s popular?
My most popular article at the moment is 24 hours in Key West. It is a great road-trip destination and I think my post is popular because there is so much to do in Key West but people don’t often have a lot of time there. I show you how to spend a day and a night there like a local.
10. 3 random facts about yourself
I used to be a singer in a wedding band called the DeFunked Band.
I grew up on a farm in Cheshire, England.
I have just finished writing my first novel!
My Sunshine Award Nominations
Once nominated, if you choose to accept, write a post where you:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the Sunshine Award and link back to their blog
- Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you
- Nominate other blogs and give them questions to answer
- Notify your nominees through social media or commenting on their blog
- List the “rules” and display a Sunshine Award logo in your post
My Questions For You:
- How did you get into blogging?
- What is your blogs ethos?
- What is the favourite post you have written?
- If you could be transported to any place right now, where would it be?
- What was the last thing you ate in a foreign country?
- What is the most random thing that ever happened to you when travelling?
- Describe your best ever trip in three words.
- Name three blogs that you love.
- What would you do if you didn’t blog?
- And lastly, summarise your life in three songs.